May 11, 2013

To Mom And All The Women In My Life...

| |


I learned love, I learned patience, I learned silence, I learned strength... I learned all that is good in me from the women in my life. There were few good men too, who showed the harsh realities and opened my eyes to the world outside of me. Men live looking outside in. Women live looking inside out. Different perspectives and different lessons learned.

As I sit down and think about all the women in my life - from my mom and sister to all the friends and the rest - I can clearly say I have met many different personalities. But deep down somehow they are all the same, when they love you, they really truly love you. If their whole heart is in something, they give it their all. I have been lucky to have been loved and cared for in such a way. But being a man, I have many a times screwed up the relationship. I have pushed many away when I wasn't comfortable sharing my space or when I felt I was clueless as to where things were leading to. One always want to stay in control and command the way things need to flow. When I knew I couldn't do it, I just put an end to it and closed the door forever on them.

Despite me being the way I am, easily irritable, easily insecure, easily depressive and most likely an escapist and a dreamer, with too strict views of the idealistic world and relationships contrasting with the pushover that I am, I have been loved. And it's a miracle!

One of my most favourite actors Audrey Hepburn said, 'When you love someone with all his faults, it is not chance, it is choice'. These women cared enough for me to love me with all my faults, my irregularities and my shortcomings. It was their choice and I am humbled by their love. I don't know how to show them my gratitude and my love back. I am not wired that way. Because of which, I have several times inevitably ended up hurting them. So, whenever I have been really touched by a gesture or moved by their words, I have remained silent. For I don't know how to react. I have shown my love with the little things I can do. Even though little things make up the world. Sometimes little things are just not enough. So, today I take time out to thank you all for your love. Especially to the one above. I love you.


Love

0 comments:

top

Post a Comment

Note On The Blog

Life is not easy. It is far more difficult to live when you lose someone as close to you as your mom. There are times, more often than not, when you miss her so much so that it becomes hard to believe in everything else still living around you. Times when you need to say and share things, as simple as how your day went by and what all you did. Times when you need a hug or a kiss to console and comfort you that it's okay. Times when your happiness and joy would make so much more sense if she were there. Times when just her presence, knowing she is there, is reassuring enough to battle any nightmares. There are so many things bundled up in our hearts waiting to be told. So, I will write them down today and every other day when I need to talk to you, dear mom.
 
 

Dear Mom... | Designed by: Compartidísimo
Images by: Scrappingmar©